- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien), Austria, August 2021-now
- Research Assistant, CLOUDS Lab, University of Melbourne, March 2021- July 2021.
- Linux System Administrator, University of Hyderabad, India, July 2015- July 2016.
- Software Engineering Intern, Pointed Squares Edventures Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad, India, Aug 2016 – Dec 2016.
- Lecturer: AI/ML in the Era of Climate Change 2022 Semester 2, Oct 2022- Jan 2023, Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien), Austria.
- Lecturer: Energy-efficient Distributed Systems (EEDS), 2022 Semester 1, Feb 2022- June 2022, Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien), Austria.
- Head tutor: Distributed Systems (COMP90015), 2020 Semester 1, Feb 2020 – June 2020, The University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Head tutor: Distributed Systems (COMP90015), 2019 Semester 2, July 2019 – December 2019, The University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Tutor: Distributed Systems (COMP90015), 2018 Semester 2, July 2018 – December 2018, The University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Mr. Tharindu Bandara, University of Melbourne (remote co-supervisor along with Prof. Raj Buyya and Dr. Maria Rodriguez Maria), May 2021-
Master’s and Bachelor’s Thesis
- Ms. Viktorija Pruckovskaja, Master Thesis, TU Wien (co-supervision with AIT, Austria), November 2021-
- Ms. Meerzhan Kanatbekova, Master Thesis, TU Wien, May 2022- November 2022.
Mr. Mayank Jha, Master Thesis, TU Wien + University of L’aquila (UAQ), Italy, Feb-2022 – November 2022.
- Mr. Jakob Fahringer, Bachelor Thesis, TU Wien, Feb 2022- October 2022.
- Ms. Radhika Chhikara, Master Thesis, University of Melbourne, Jan 2019- June 2019
Presentation and Talks
- Programming Abstractions in Cloud and Cloud Application Platforms, Invited Guest Lecture for Internet Technology Course (Semester 1-2, 2021), Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Melbourne, September 2021 (online).
- AI-Centric Management of Resources in Modern Distributed Computing Systems, Invited Talk (Online/Virtual), International AI Congress – AI for Excellence, CVR College OF Engineering, Hyderabad, India, JUNE 2021.
- Programming the Cloud: Towards Serverless Computing, Invited Talk (Online/Virtual), Webinar, KLE Dr. M.S. Sheshgiri College of Engineering and Technology, Belagavi, Karnataka, India, July 2021.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)-Centric Management of Resources in Modern Distributed Computing Systems, In Proceedings of the IEEE Cloud Summit, Harrisbury, Pennsylvania, USA, October 21-22, 2020.
- Programming the Cloud: Towards Serverless Computing, Invited Talk (Online/Virtual), Faculty Development Workshops, GMR Institute of Technology, AP, India, June 2020 (pdf).
- ETAS: Energy and Thermal-Aware Dynamic Virtual Machine Consolidation in Cloud Data Center with Proactive Hotspot Mitigation, 6th CIS Annual Doctoral Colloquium at the University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia, July 2018.
- Scalable MapReduce-based Fuzzy Min-Max Neural Network for Pattern Classification, 18th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN, 2017), Hyderabad, India, January 2017.
- Scalable Heterogeneous Parallel Computing on Clouds using Aneka PaaS Tool, Invited Talk, One Week National Level Research-Oriented Workshop on Cloud and GPU Computing (Cloud-GPU 2016), Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kakinada, India, August 8-12, 2016.
- Heterogeneous Parallel Computing using CUDA Toolkit, Invited Talk, CVR College of Engineering, Hyderabad, India, March 2016.
- IEEE/ACM, Transactions on Networking (TON)
- Elsevier, Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS)
- Software: Practice and Experience (SPE)
- Elsevier, Journal of Systems Architecture (JSA)
- Multimedia Tools and Applications(MTAP)
- The Journal of Cloud Computing: Advances, Systems and Applications (JoCCASA)
Organization Committee and Journal Guest Editing
- Finance Chair, 10th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E 2022), September 26-30, 2022, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Program Committee member, IEEE CLOUD 2022, JULY 10-16, 2022, Barcelona, Spain.
- Program Committee member, 20th Australasian Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (AusPDC 2022), February 14-18, 2022, Australia.
- Program Committee member, International Workshop on Serverless Computing for Pervasive Cloud-Edge-Device Systems and Services, The 20th International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2022), March 21-25, 2022 , Pisa, Italy.
- Program Committee member, International Workshop on Intelligent Offloading for the Internet of Things (IOIoT 2020), 29th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2020), August 3-6, 2020, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- Program Committee member, International Workshop on Computing and Scheduling in Wireless Power and Communication Networks (CSWPCN), 40th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems
July 8 – 10, 2020, Singapore.
- Co-Chair, International Workshop on Multi-tier Big Data Pipelines from Edge to the Cloud Data Centers, 26th IEEE International Conference on High-Performance Computing, Data and Analytics, December 17-20, Hyderabad, India.
- Guest Editor, Vlado Stankovski, Rajkumar Buyya, Shrideep Pallickara, Shashikant Ilager, Special Issue on Multi-tier Big Data Pipelines from Edge to the Cloud Data Centers“, Software: Practice and Experience, New York, USA, February 2020.
- Outstanding PhD Thesis Award, IEEE Technical Committee on Cloud Computing (IEEE TCCLD) for my PhD thesis research carried out in our CLOUDS Lab. For more details, please browse : IEEE TCCLD website or at UniMelb website.
- IEEE Outstanding Service Award, for services as Registration Chair and Local Organising Committee to The 21st IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Internet Computing, 2021.
- Best Paper Award CCGrid-2020, I am delighted to inform that my recent co-authored paper accepted in CCGRID-2020 conference, titled “A Data-Driven Frequency Scaling Approach for Deadline-aware Energy Efficient Scheduling on Graphics Processing Units (GPUs)” has received Best Paper Award. Please find the paper here.
- Granted $3000 AWS Research Cloud credit from AWS, Amazon, November 2019.
- Excellence in Tutoring Award, for excellence in teaching whilst tutoring Distributed Systems (COMP90015) course, School of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, February 2019.
- Melbourne Research Scholarship, The University of Melbourne, March 2017
- Mannapalli Subbaramaiah Gold Medal, for securing the first rank across all three M.Tech courses (CS/AI/IT), the academic batch of 2014-2016 at SCIS, University of Hyderabad, India, July 2016.
- SBH Gold Medal, for securing the first rank in M.Tech Computer Science course, the academic batch of 2014-2016 at SCIS, University of Hyderabad, India, July 2016.
- GATE scholarship, UGC NET, India, May 2014.